Friday, June 3, 2011

Graduation and Drinking Goodbye to Friends





Well, I did it. I graduated. Again. I am now a "master" in athletic training. I put quotes around master because in a field that is constantly changing and evolving, it's hard to ever truly master it all. However, you may still refer to me as Master Emily.


Kidding.

I also have additional credentials after my name now. In the professional world, I am now Emily Maxwell, MS, ATC, LAT. Of course, whenever I see MS I instantly think of multiple sclerosis, but they tell me it actually stands for master of science.

Unfortunately, with another graduation and another degree comes another set of goodbyes and another chapter of life finished. Bittersweet is a common word to use in these situations. Applying it now is no less appropriate. A two year program was just long enough to finally get comfortable with each other...just in time to say goodbye. Just like the adieus bid from high school friends and undergraduate classmates, many of these will mark the last time we see each other. It is sad to think about, but thanks to social networking sites we will never completely lose touch if we don't want to.

Some of the ladies playing games
Our graduating class had a celebration party. Our last opportunity to all be together and have a good time. And a good time was had indeed.



Strike a pose
Intense game of beer pong


As we shed our identity as students and grow into our new careers, we will look back on the memories of the past. We will revisit the joy, the seemingly unending frustration, the triumphs and the setbacks. Whether your paths ever cross again with those you spent so much time with, well that is uncertain. You can rest assured, however, that their influence on your life will forever remain a part of you. It may be a goodbye being said to a person's physical being but they will always remain a part of you; whether you like it or not.

Jenna, Tricia and Rose


Tricia and me


Lindsay, Erin and Ann


Elizabeth and Jacob


Most of our graduating class

No comments:

Post a Comment